Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday, April 21, 2011: Patsy Cline - The Tennessee Waltz



Elvis Presley said that the classic "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" was probably the saddest song he'd ever heard.

It's close, but I reckon todays selection is sadder.

Originally a multi-million seller for Patti Page in 1950, I've instead chosen to focus on one of my favourite singers ever, the legendary Patsy Cline.

I was going to do a TWOfer Tuesday about Ms Cline, but I just couldn't bring myself to limit it to just two songs. Seriously, I was even contemplating a Patsy Cline theme week here on CSOTD. And, I still just might!

But, until that day, or even week, arrives, I felt I needed to share some true country, a true classic, and about the most heart-wrenchingly pure and perfect voice ever captured on tape.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Miss Patsy Cline.

0 comments:

Post a Comment