Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wednesday, December 26, 2012: The Pierces - You'll Be Mine



Usually, the plan was to use this last week of the year as a kind of Year In Review.

However, since this is the farewell season of CSOTD, I don't think I'll be able to devote that much blogging real estate to only songs from 2012.  Which is kind of a drag, if I'm honest, because discovering and sharing new music was one of the main motivations I had for continuing this blog throughout these past years.

But, I won't abandon this completely, here is one of the absolute top tracks released in 2012.  New York-based sisters Allison and Catherine Pierce are one of the strongest singer-songwriting duos out there, and their 4th album, You and I, released in March of this year, is a standout in year of more-of-the-same pre-fab pop like One Direction, past-their-prime rock groups and just general musical malaise.

Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment