Saturday, August 24, 2024

Saturday, August 24, 2024: Tom Petty - You Don't Know How It Feels


 

I know I didn't play your song.  That one song from that group that meant so much to you back in the day.  

Who did I miss?  Hole? Mariah Carey?  Boyz II Men?  Nine Inch Nails? Green Day?  Weezer?  Toni Braxton?  So many great choices I could have made.

This is another one of those times when one week could have been an entire month.  Or more. But, man, what a year, eh?

Rather than try to jam all the songs I wanted to play into this last day of 1994, I was inspired by Friday's post, and envisioned this post as the end of the film section for the week. 

In my head, if this week was a movie, we're coming to the ending.  And as I'm walking away, down the green, sunlit path, beaten and bruised but surviving, looking into the distance, that's when the ending credits begin to scroll upwards.  What song did I want to play?

Either one of these will do.  

Truth is, I had a blast this week, I don't think I've written that much in a while, and it felt good.

Hope I brought back some good memories, or hopefully introduced some of the younger kids to some of the greatest songs and albums ever made.  Whichever one it is, thank you all for being a part of this journey.

I'm walking away now. Roll credits.


0 comments:

Post a Comment