Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday, September 22, 2010: Rammstein - Asche Zu Asche (Live from Volkerball)



In the show Ally McBeal, Ally sees therapist Dr. Tracy Clark, played by the wonderful Tracy Ullman.

One piece of advice Clark gives Ally is that she needs a theme song, something that gives her confidence, gives her a lift as you walk down the street.

Of course, Ally chooses "Tell Him", by The Exciters. Dr. Clark tells her to hear it faster.

It's a good choice, no question.  For a girl.  I, however, am no girl.

I did wear a dress once, but that's a whole different blog.

I'm a firm believer in having a theme song. I believe that it does give you confidence, especially when entering a room.  How many entrances in movies or on television have been magnified with a good soundtrack?

For the longest time, my theme song was George Thorogood & The Destroyers version of Bo Diddly's Who Do You Love. Walking into a room with those low, grumbling chords throbbing under my feet was always an instant boost.

But, it got a bit tired. And, of course, it's association with the movie Joe Dirt didn't help.

So, I went on the search for a new song, something with power, force, something that would make me stand straighter, taller and more serious than anyone else in the room I walked into.

And I found Rammstein.

I think I made a good choice, don't you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment