Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday, February 3, 2011: Destroyer - Kaputt



Can I just say, I love IKEA?

There is very little I would rather do than wander around an IKEA store dreaming about how much better my life would be if my house contained every single piece of furniture that IKEA sells.

I like the clean lines, the sparse surfaces, the simple European design.

See, I've been walking around furniture stores here in the states, and God-In-Heaven is American furniture ugly. Big, bulky, sometimes lined with hideous gold trim, it usually is a nightmare to behold.

I appreciate that a lot of people don't like the assemblage aspect of IKEA furniture, but for me that's a bonus. That's because I've moved a lot in my life; sometimes across town, once across state lines, and a couple of times across the globe.

In every instance of moving, I was thankful that I had furniture that disassembled before you moved it.

I love IKEA.

This has nothing to do with today's song, btw, just some thoughts I decided to share.

Have a great Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment