Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday, October 13, 2011: Bach - Cello Suite No.1 (performed by Yo-Yo Ma)



I don't blog about Classical Music because, frankly, I just don't know that much about it.

With many other genres of music, I am fairly confident of my ability to judge "cool" from "uncool."

In fact, those simple classifications alone makes this blog less accommodating to Classical Music and it's followers, who would probably look down on such low culture monikers with a somewhat high brow disdain.

I cannot, however, know if a specific piece of Classical Music (or Baroque Music, or any other classification of non-pop music) would be "cool" or not. I just know what I like. And what I love.

This piece, for instance, effects me in ways absolutely no popular music could ever do.

There is an important place for Classical Music in anyone's music library. Music is a language, and if you are only listening to one voice, then you are missing out of a world of sound and wonder.

Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment