Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday, January 30, 2012: David Bowie - Modern Love

It's Guest Presenter Week on Cool Song Of The Day!

This is a new feature where people other than me get to decide what's cool.

For our inaugural Guest Presenter Week, we have Nick Littrell. Nick actually works in the IT department at my "day job", and he told me he was a huge fan of music. And he owes me a favor.




CSOTD: Good morning and welcome to Cool Song Of The Day!

Nick: Great to be here.

CSOTD: The first song you've chosen Modern Love by David Bowie. Tell us why.

Nick: Well, because I'm a modern guy, I'm here with my modern cell phone, I have a job in IT. And, I like songs about having sex with robots.

CSOTD: Wait, what?

Nick: Modern Love - it's about having sex with robots, right?

CSOTD: Uh, no. Have you even listened to the lyrics? Pretty sure it's more about struggling with the fears and anxieties accompanying a failed relationship, but also on a deeper level what it means to exist without love in life, and how some search for meaning through organized religion but that only leads to empty satisfaction.

Nick: Whatever.

CSOTD: Anyway....We're huge fan's of Bowie here on CSOTD, so whatever you read into it, it's definitely a cool song, and a great way to start the week. Enjoy.



0 comments:

Post a Comment