Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday, August 14, 2012: TWOfer Tuesday - The "Music Is The Language" Edition



English is my native language.  It is the first language I learned.  It is the only language I've really studied.

It's the language I use in my day to day dealings with the world.  As someone who not only writes a blog, but who has also succeeded in receiving a Bachelor's Degree and was working on a Masters Degree, I can say that I'm extremely comfortable with only using but also understanding English.  I like English.

But, if you have been following this humble blog for any time, gentle reader, you would also see that I'm pretty fond of posting songs not in English.  Which I also like.

I like listening to music with non-English lyrics.  It just takes the burden off, if I'm honest.  Removes the burden of trying to make sense of whatever the singer is saying, trying to find some kind of meaning and/or application to my life.  Trying to figure out if I agree with the singers point of view. Trying to decide if the lyrics are cool.  Or not.

By listening to non-English singers, I feel more in touch with the music.  I can let myself be taken away by whatever mood the music conjures up.  I get lost more easily.  It usually makes me smile more.

So, today, here's to getting lost in some very cool music.  Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment