Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thursday, November 25, 2010: Natalie Merchant - Kind and Generous



Happy Thanksgiving.

I promised to explain Thanksgiving to all my gentle readers who may not be familiar with this particular American holiday. Well, I lied.

No, I didn't mean to deceive, it's just that I've been trying to drum up the energy to talk about pilgrims and injuns and harvests and the significance of the cornucopia. And I failed. I cannot, for all the tea in China, care enough about this day to write about it.

However, I do understand my obligations to my word, so while I won't go into the meaning of Thanksgiving in my own words, for those who are interested you can learn to your hearts content here, here and here.

Being thankful has been a recent theme here on CSOTD, and there's a reason for that.  It's been a tough ol' couple of months for yours truly, and I anticipate that this holiday season won't be an easy ride either.

I blogged about being thankful for what you've got.  But today, this Thanksgiving, I would like give thanks, not for my stuff, but for those around me who help me and support me.

You know who you are, even if you don't think you do that much.  My family, friends, those who support my humble blog, you are all so very kind and generous.  And I appreciate you all.  And I want to thank you, thank you.

In the States or not, have a great and thankful day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment