Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday, March 22, 2011: M.I.A. - Paper Airplanes




At this time last year, March 21, 2010, The United States House of Representatives passed the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010.

It was signed into law by President Barack Obama on March 30, 2010.

And where are we now?  I ask you, where are we now?

Well, I just can't help but imagine that politicians on both sides, Democrats and Republicans, Left and Right, Conservatives and Liberals, are all in some smoky back room somewhere sipping on brandy, brandishing firearms, patting each other on the back and, with all the lawyers and pharmaceutical companies and insurance executives on speaker phone, they are all singing in glorious unison to MIA's Paper Airplanes:


All I wanna do is
[ gun shots ]
And a
[load up, ka-ching]
And take your money

But, hey, that's just me and I might be wrong.

0 comments:

Post a Comment