Friday, February 2, 2024

Friday, February 2, 2024: Tedeschi Trucks Band - Midnight in Harlem


One of the main motivators for making this blog happen was a drive to discover and recommend new music. 

"They don't write songs like they used to." 

"I'll only ever listen to Classic Rock." 

"Nobody makes any good music anymore." 

I reject all those thoughts. I've always known that there was great music being made in the here and now, regardless of whenever that "here" and "now" was.

I will admit that it is so very easy to slip into a pattern of only listening to music that you are familiar with, that you grew up with.  80's forever, or whatever.  But there was a time when all that music was new to you, too, right?

 Putting on Blonde on Blonde by Bob Dylan is like putting on a warm, comfy and well worn sweater.  Feels good.  But someone, somewhere out there someone is knitting a brand new sweater, a bitchin' sweater.  

Tedeschi Trucks knits bitchin' sweaters.  And makes great albums.  I swear I haven't heard of them until someone just this week suggested them and I fell in love at first listen.

They are very, very cool.



0 comments:

Post a Comment